Saturday, August 18, 2012

Redemption in all its forms

So, today was a hard day. To catch up on where I'm at after the last couple weeks, things are good. We are starting to really feel at home when we're here. The kids seem to be settling well; we're finding things/people that make life here seem less overwhelming and new. We got to spend a partial week at the lake with Andersons after a weekend with my sister and parents, celebrating my mom's and my birthday. While tiring, it was super encouraging to know that things like this are no longer hugely time-consuming and stressful to plan. We live so much closer now and I think we'll continue to find all the ways that this is a blessing as we move on to our third kiddo.

Speaking of, he's huge, constantly moving, and wreaking havoc on my normal body function. I've been SO tired lately and am very ready to meet this little person. Which leads to one of the hard things about today. We bought carseats. For a total of three in the second row. Seeing them there, combined with how tired I am, and just the rapidly decreasing amount of time until we'll have to USE all three, was stressful, to say the least. Big reality check. Then, on the trip to purchase said seats, I pulled another wonder of pregnancy brain. I had used the SLR camera earlier in the day to take a couple shots of the kids playing. Then, I set the camera on top of the Highlander to keep it safely out of reach until we went in the house. And completely forgot that I had. Fast forward to dinner time...I'm eating outside on the kid picnic table with Ari and think, "I should take a couple pictures of this, she's being so cute." And then, "Oh, my gosh. I left the camera on the car, and have used the car since then." Fast forward again (through a lot of tears, an extensive search of the path I took with the car, and basically deciding I was the biggest idiot on earth) to putting the kids down. I had just put Ari down, when the doorbell rang. Someone from the neighborhood had seen the whole thing, and identified which house we lived in from the photos I took earlier. They returned our expensive camera (that we'd have no way of replacing right now). Which still works perfectly. After falling off the roof of a moving SUV onto pavement. Literally, without a scratch.

God gave me a taste of redemption today, in something that seemed large, but was comparatively small in the scale of my life. How much more should I feel peace in knowing that if he's concerned about my life on this scale, He is most definitely watching my big picture cares and worries with the same attention.

4 comments:

b.moyer said...

Amen!

b.moyer said...

Amen!

b.moyer said...

Amen!

Laura said...

The camera story is so great, Larissa! I imagine you are overwhelmed - so many changes all at once!! Hang in there my friend. I prayed for you and your entire family, including the one soon to be born :).